If you suffer a workplace injury, our office can assist you in filling for benefits under New York Workers Compensation laws. Benefits under the law may include loss of earnings, medical costs and more.
When it comes to work place injuries in New York, often you cannot take an action against your employer as there is often insurance in place, and even if there is no insurance in place you may still be covered by the workers compensation law in New York. We can assist you in filling for benefits, which may include loss of earnings, medical costs and more. If you believe any of the following apply to you may be entitled to file a civil suit:
- If you were injured by a defective product, you might be able to bring a products liability action against the manufacturer of the product.
- If you were injured by a toxic substance, you might be able to bring a toxic tort lawsuit against the manufacturer of that substance.
- If you were injured because of your employer's intentional or egregious conduct, you might be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against your employer.
- If your employer does not carry workers' compensation insurance, you might be able to sue your employer in civil court or collect money from a state fund.
- If a third party caused your injury, you might be able to bring a personal injury lawsuit against that person.
For more information about workers compensation in New York State, visit: New York State Workers Compensation Board